I had the opportunity to sit down with one of the planners of the upcoming Super Fun Fest to find out just what the whole thing is about.
Essentially, the event has been put together by a loose affiliation of kids with no sponsors or larger entities behind it. They are just looking to build community and promote sharing through an event that is 100% free. Can’t argue with that!
Here’s the list of activities they have planned:
- Alleycat @ 1pm – 5 to 6 stops at major parks in Jax w/ prizes
- T-shirt printing – bring your own t-shirt and use the screen to make your own commemorative apparel
- Bike maintenance workshop
- Painting workshop
- Chalk art
- Cake walk
- 3v3 soccer
- Free food – feel free to bring your own dish, vegetarian preferred but all welcome
- Really really free market – as opposed to what we call our economic system, this market will be free fe realz, bring some stuff you don’t want anymore and take some stuff you do
- Manhunt – when it gets dark, it’s time to play, bring a flashlight
There are also plans for a potential aftershow, so if you have a band and would like to perform contact the crew at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email your suggestions or volunteer as well.
Mark your calendars because it all goes down March 21 at Riverside Memorial Park. The Alleycat starts at 1pm and the Fest starts at 2pm. Should be an awesome time, so make sure you don’t miss it.
For more info, check out the event page on Facebook.